Vegan * Gluten Free * Soy Free
I love to eat soup! It’s something that I can make that will last for a couple of days. This soup is pretty simple, tasty and easy to make.
2 Tbs of organic canola oil
1 sweet yellow onion, diced
1-2 Cloves of Garlic smashed
1 32 oz Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
8-12 oz of Red Potatoes
2 15 oz cans of Eden Organic Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch Kale, stems removed, leaves massaged and torn into small pieces
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic till tender.
2. Add potatoes and the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender. Chop the potatoes, break them apart with a fork. I left the skins on, just make sure to wash well, and cut out any sprouts on the potatoes.
3. Add beans and Kale and continue cooking until the kale is tender.
4. Add Salt and Pepper to taste
5. If the soup is too thick for you, add more vegetable broth or water.
6. Serve with Corn Bread and enjoy!
Good for Mom and Baby:
Kale: Full of vitamins, good source of protein!
Vitamin E helps prevent stretch marks and promotes a healthy full-term
Vitamin K helps the baby’s bones grow and reduces future risk of internal
Vitamin C is needed to produce the pregnancy hormones that sustain
Contains sulforaphanes and carotenoids that protect the placenta and the
baby from toxic damage.
Red Potaoes: High in fiber, and packed with phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Cannelloni Beans: Protein rich, full of vitamins, minerals and an excellent source of
soluble and insoluble fiber.